Toward the Popularization of Personal Robots Living Together with Humans
Not only hardware (robot machines) but also software (robot services) needed to be discussed.
Sony, Fujitsu, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, which attended the panel discussion held at the 1st ROBODEX Forum in ROBODEX 2003, played a central role in establishing RSi.
- Discussing and verifying service provision models that particularly robots can achieve
- Verifying that many types of robots can easily and efficiently connect to services
- Robots + Services + Network –> Birth of a new robot industry
- Starting up a company-centered organization that is supported by application service providers, robot manufacturers, and user companies
We pursue the society where people can easily and conveniently utilize attractive robot services that use communication networks connecting personal robots, and for this objective we work and cooperate with related organizations to create and publish specifications, to hold demonstration experiments, and to conduct promotion activities, with regards to interoperable robot services.
Robot services: Information services or physical services provided by robots through networks
Creating and publishing specifications of robot services
- Creating and publishing specifications of the services and their provision methods
- Considering interoperability
- Considering social impact of robot services
- Cooperating with related organizations
- Prototyping services
- Evaluating service prototypes
- Planning and holding events including seminars
- Publicizing our activities
- Other activities necessary for achieving the purpose of RSi